Location: North Wales, PA
Company: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world’s largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we’ve built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
- Develop, implement, and lead environmental, health, and safety programs designed to drive continuous improvement and foster the development of a safety culture consistent with our values.
- Provide expertise and team leadership to facility directors and site management to ensure all sites implement and maintain policies, procedures and practices that meet or exceed current regulatory agency EHS requirements, industry EHS standards and corporate expectations.
- Drive the improvement of OSHA recordable rate, Incident rate, Lost Day Rate and Severity Rate and other EHS metrics.
- Coordinate with managers and supervisors to ensure that the proper programs are implemented and training is conducted for the following areas: powered industrial truck operations, HazCom, LOTO, SPCC, fall protection, “Hot Work”, PPE, ergonomics, and other EHS training as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulatory agencies (OSHA, EPA, DOT, DEP, etc.) and consensus industry standards (NFPA, ANSI, NEC, etc.) at all distribution sites.
- Oversee the investigation of accidents and injuries to ensure the proper identification and mitigation of workplace hazards. Maintain documentation relating to these investigations to support risk management operations.
- Implement and maintain a safety culture based on modifying behaviors through the use of behavior based safety methodology. Meet regularly with all employees to demonstrate personal commitment to employee safety.
- Prepare required reports for submission to regulatory authorities. Prepare reports for internal management relating to EHS performance and program effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety management or relevant field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Professional certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM) preferred
- Must have 8-10 years EHS experience, with at least 5 years of managerial experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental, occupational health, and safety regulations and consensus standards. (OSHA, EPA, DEP, NFPA, ANSI, etc.)
- Proven track record of success implementing EHS practices at the site level with project management skills to balance multi-site activities.
- Must have a working knowledge of behavior based safety concepts.
- Detailed knowledge of standards, concepts, procedures and best practices within the EHS field.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/reports.)
- Above average PC abilities including MS Office.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a diverse environment.
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations within the commuting area.
- Must be able to travel overnight on limited occasions.
- Must be available to support operations during multiple shifts.
- Must be able to work in a warehouse/distribution environment.